Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's day approaching


This is the glorious day that I became a mother.  June 22, 2009. Nothing has changed me more in my life than this.  On June 22, 2009, I found what I was created for, what I was made to do.  I LOVE being a mom.  Jack has made me love better and harder, live bigger and more purposeful.  I would do anything in the world for our little son.  I love washing his tiny clothes and attempting to fold them...they never stay that way. I love cleaning up the huge mess eating is now that he is starting to finger feed. I think it's adorable when he is trying to poop :)  His cries, though seldom, hurt my heart each time and I love that I seem to know how to comfort him.  I love his crunchy toes and small little bottom.  I love how he sleeps with his butt in the air and I love that he thinks his daddy is the funniest thing in the world!  I love how he reaches his short, stubby arms out to be held.  I love that every single time we read a book..daily...he tries to eat it. I love his goofy smile and silly laugh.  I love the way he cuddles up in my neck and seems to be completely at home. I actually miss getting up in the middle of the night for 2am feedings.  I love taking care of him.  I love it.  I...love...it.  Nothing brings me more joy or satisfaction than caring for our Jack.  And I truly, can't imagine life without him.  Thank you God for such a wonderful gift, for blessing Michael and I with a beautiful son.  My cup truly overflows. 

Happy Mother's day to all you beautiful moms!

2 comments:

  1. Happy (late) Mothers Day! But I think you are a little crazy to miss the 2am feedings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful tribute to you as a loving mother. How sweet . Thank you for sharing. and you look incredible for just giving birth in that picture btw. go you! Hugs Erin

    ReplyDelete