Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jack's almost 7 months...and he's finally Nursing!!!!!!!!

I have been pumping for Jack since day 3 of his life.  I pump 7-8 times a day so that he can have breast milk.  I also work full-time now so I pump at work too.  I have continued to bring him to breast in hopes that one day he would latch.  Well, about a month ago, I got really discouraged and said that I should just face the fact that he doesn't want to latch to my breast, although he does great with a bottle.  My milk supply has started to slow down over the past several weeks and after taking Reglan and worrying about potential side effects I told my husband that we may have to start supplementing cause I didn't want to risk my health by taking Reglan too often.  Last night I was pretty bummed about it and thought that the only thing that will increase my milk supply without potentially harmful side effects would be if Jack latched.  So, I said a prayer that he would somehow.  I woke up this morning with the attitude of "we'll just try" I wasn't expecting anything...and HE LATCHED!!! HE NURSED FOR AN ENTIRE FEEDING!!!!!!!!!!!  It was so wonderful and beautiful and I am sooo happy!  I am going to continue to bring him to breast at home in hopes that he will continue to nurse.  I really hope he does!

Just wanted to share this small victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment